WILDLIFE FRIENDS FOUNDATION
Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand is a animal rescue and protection centre. Thanks to a team of full time staff, mostly from the local village, and a team of international volunteers who pay for their stay WFFT has rescued hundreds of domesticated or captive wild animals. The organisation offers a Full and Half Day Experience at their centre in Thayang, designed to allow day trip visitors a chance to learn about the rescued creatures living at the Wildlife Rescue Centre and Elephant Refuge, see their hundreds of animals, and get up close and personal to their elephants in a way which is cruelty-free and does not exploit them.
Unfortunately, animals are abused and exploited for profit and human gratification in Thailand and other countries around the world. Within the tourist industry alone there are many examples of animal exploitation, from photo animals, to animals performing in degrading shows, to elephant camps. There is still a thriving illegal trade in wild animals for pets and medicine.
Thanks for associations like Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand, animals can be rescued from maltreated and neglected conditions, given a sanctuary for sick and disabled animals and rehabilitated and released where possible, or otherwise cared for. WWFT also helps educated people, particularly children, to stop cruelty to animals, while campaigning against illegal trade in and discourage use of animals for entertainment. With the work of WWFT and its cooperation with the Royal Forestry Department and other organisations, animals can be rescued while promoting the conservation of all natural resources.
An educational centre about Thailand’s wildlife is located at the centre, and groups of students and tourists of all ages and various nationalities visit the jungle with Wildlife Friends staff and volunteers to learn more about life in Thailand’s rainforests. WFFT staff and volunteers also visit schools to inform and educate students about animal welfare and conservation issues.
FULL DAY VISIT EXPERIENCE
FULL DAY VISIT EXPERIENCE
- our guide will give you an informed guided tour around all areas of the Wildlife Rescue Centre.
- You’ll see some of the 600+ rescued animals at the Wildlife Rescue Centre, hear their stories and learn why they are living at the centre.
LUNCH – lunch and refreshments will be provided for you. You can enjoy our traditional Thai buffet looking over a large multi species enclosure with elephants, gibbons and others. We will serve both vegan, vegetarian and meat options at lunch.
- After lunch, you will get to meet and feed one of the elephants and have the opportunity to give her a shower afterwards!
- See how volunteers at the Elephant Refuge and Education Centre go about their daily tasks.
- Learn about the elephant’s individual stories and about their personalities.
- Learn about the conservation issues that elephants face, and how they are exploited by tourist attractions, forced to carry lots of people and perform tricks – you will see none of this at the elephant refuge, where we value the elephant’s natural behaviour!
- Drive around the whole site, watching the animals and get to see the bears and monkeys enjoy their meals.
- Tours end at approximately 15:30
Full Day Experience price is 1,600THB per person and the Half Day Experience price is 1,100THB per person, excluding transport.
Children 6 -1 2 Full day 1100THB per person, Half day 900THB per person, excluding transport.
Children under 6 free.
Address: Wildlife Friends of Thailand, Moo 6,Tambon Thamairuak, Amphoe Thayang, 76130 Petchaburi, Thailand.
The Wildlife Rescue Centre is open to visitors 7 days a week BUT ONLY ON APPOINTMENT or a booked daytrip. Please note, last admission is at 4pm.