What personal information do we collect from the people that visit Blue Lotus Hua Hin website?
In General. We receive and store certain information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses. We may also request information about your cooking course preferences and any Evason room reservation. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a student; ask us a question; or initiate other reservations on our site.
Student Companions Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and preferences.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources. Examples of information we may receive include: reservation history from Evason Hua Hin and demographic information. In addition, if you visit Blue Lotus Hua Hin using your social media account or use certain other Blue Lotus Hua Hin social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider's policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations ("Location Data") to provide you with relevant content.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as courses viewed and reservations made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you navigate through our website and fill out a form or enter information on any input field.
How do we use your information?
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of new courses or classes on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent cooking interests. For example, if you search for a Chef Training Course on our website, we may send you an email message reminding you about the next starting date for such course or about a special package with this related course. Similarly, if you receive an email from us about a Chef Training Course and demonstrate an interest in such course by affirmatively clicking on a link about Plant-based Chef Training Course in the email, you may receive an email about Blue Lotus chef training offers or other class information. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about plant-based cooking special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, marketing, distribution of surveys or rewards programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular courses and workshops. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by emailing us at email@example.com. Please also note that we may retain certain information, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to reserve a course or workshop, or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You also can add or update information by emailing us.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your reservation on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
9 Moo 5 Paknampran
Pranburi, Prachuap Khirikhan 77220