Baking from scratch is the science of transforming ingredients into sweet memories
This masterclass is for any adventurous cook with an understanding of baking and pastry making techniques, who wants to learn more and experience plant-based baking. The class lead by Pastry Chef Laura Castro offers a comprehensive dive into plant-based baking & pastries with ingredients introduction, step by step demos, creative solutions and food styling insights to guide you through hands-on cooking from scratch and new recipes design and development. After this class you will be able to make the basic dessert preparation, replace ingredients in your favourite recipes and decorate your own plates like a pastry chef would.
Laura Castro, a traditionally trained pastry chef who evolved to a plant-based lifestyle, will be teaching how to overcome the main struggles when it comes to plant-based baking. She will be showing you how to expand your cooking and plating skills, express your plant-centered creativity and will be sharing the discoveries she has learned in her journey while baking the world a better place.
By making your ingredients from scratch you understand food differently and how it can be altered. We will ferment ingredients to enhance flavour, dehydrate them to preserve nutrients, bake them to understand heat, whip, sift, blend, steam and freeze all sort of dairy replacements, gluten free options and egg substitutes. we will guide you through your plant based journey and discovery for 5 days.
Laura has been a Pastry chef for many years. This Colombian woman is determined to test her limits and go above & beyond to get a smile out of you, and she’s been doing so with food. Her passion and curiosity have allowed her to transcend into a Plant-Based Lifestyle, adapting all her old recipes and creating new ones.In this class you will learn how to make bagels from scratch, macarons, donuts, custards, tarts, creme brulee, icecreams and many more desserts to indulge yourself.
“I thought Plant-Based Baking was going to be my biggest Challenge in the kitchen, instead I discovered it has helped me fall in love with my ingredients all over again! I feel I have more options than ever before – making my butter, fermenting yogurt, grinding flour, and playing with more than 10 milk flavors has opened my mind to better practices, more conscience and inclusive.”
- Learn the fundamentals of plant-based baking
- Discover gluten free options, egg and dairy free alternatives
- Introduction to keys ingredients, flavor balancing and paring
- Learn some Asian inspired baking techniques
- Test and experience some essential equipment
- Cooking hands-on, step by step baking demos
- Lectures on plant-based cooking approach
- Improve your food styling techniques and explore your own style
- Support in recipe design and development for the final project
- 6 nights accommodation in Evason Room including buffet breakfast
- 5-day-cooking classes from Monday to Friday. (Daily hours from 9 am to 2 pm.)
- 50% discount for personal laundry
- 20% discount on Food & Beverage at all restaurants
- Free Wi-Fi in your room and the classroom
- Complimentary activities: Tennis, Fitness, and Bicycles
- Field trips and personal research time
PRICE: 52,500 THB