The course is focused on practical and simple ways to make healthy cooking easy for you. During the week, you will learn what kinds of food to eat before, during and after your workouts in order to maximize your energy, promote faster recovery and prevent injury.
This class includes a variety of raw and cooked dishes that are mostly gluten-free. Including; smoothies, breakfast and energy bars, as well as balanced meals, and healthy snacks. All are delicious, satisfying and nutrient dense, and help to support an active, busy lifestyle.
- Introduction to a whole food plant-based diet for active people (raw & cooked). The importance of nutrient density (vs. calories counting) for recovery, overall health, and pure energy for endurance, as well as essential supplements.
- Explore the concepts of gluten/lactose-free, SOS (Sugar, Oil, and Salt) free, low-fat, fruitarian and raw diets.
- Practical tips for a healthy lifestyle (ways to prepare, conserve and transport your meals).
- Food timing for sports (before, during & after training or competitions). Weekly eating plan.
- The essential ingredients: sourcing, and conservation.
- The essential equipment: how to use, clean and maintain.
- Hands-on lectures with live demonstrations
- Support in recipe development for the final project
- 6 nights accommodation in an individual Evason Room (including breakfast buffet)
- Lunch at the bar: tasting recipes from morning classes
- 5-day cooking classes from Monday to Friday (from 9 am to 2 pm.)
- 50% discount for personal laundry
- 20% discount on food & beverage at all restaurants
- Free Wi-Fi in your room and the classroom
- Complimentary activities: tennis, fitness and bicycles
- Field trips and personal research time
What you will learn
- Ingredients, recipes and techniques for a vegan cafe or a smoothie bar
- Hydration, sport drinks, plant mylks & post-workout smoothies
- Knife safety & skills
- Nut butter dressings, colorful salads
- Dehydration: crackers, cheeze, spicy nuts, raw granola, raw cookies
- Pure Energy balls, Truffles
- Cold-brewed coffee, latte, tea…
- Raw Cakes, Sweet treats (brownies, fudge) and Tartlets
- Breakfast: yogurt, muesli, chia pudding, pancakes
- Appetizers, Salads and Mains (Quinoa, Kelp noodles…)
- Dips & spreads
- Power Bowl prep’s, assembling & plating
- Gluten-Free pizza, pasta & sauces + cheezes